Managing Your Facebook Page with Power Editor
Today we are going to give you a manual style walk thru of how to navigate Power Editor to manage your Facebook page (aka: fan page / Like page).
The first thing you will need to do is to switch to “Manage Pages” mode. We’ll spend a bit of time reviewing the buttons and features in this mode. Here’s how you can easily switch to “Manage Pages” mode. Simply selectfrom the top left drop-down menu.
Here’s an example of what you see.
1. Create Post: Create new Page post. You can choose from status, link, photo or video posts.
2. Publish Post: Publishes a selected post to your Page. You can choose to publish now or to schedule your post for a specific date and time. (If you schedule your post, it’ll appear on your Page like a regular post, but you can set when it’ll be shown.)
3. Revert Changes: Revert changes you’ve made from an ad or a campaign
4. Create Ad: Create an ad. When you select Create Ad with a post that isn’t published, it won’t appear organically on your Page or in News Feed, but it will get distribution as an ad in News Feed. Use this to promote different versions of the same message to find the best one to put most of your budget behind. This applies to all Page posts except for events and offers.
5. View Ads: See your ads or sponsored stories that you have created for a selected post.
How do I create a Page post in Power Editor?
In Power Editor, you can create the same type of posts as you can directly on your Facebook page (for example: status posts, link posts, photo posts and video posts.) Here is how you do it from the Power Editor application. To create a Page post:
1. Go to Power Editor
2. Select Manage Pages from the top left drop-down menu.
3. Select the Page you want to manage from the left side column.
4. Click Create Post
5. Select what type of post you want to create. Just as you would from your Facebook page, you can choose from status posts, link posts, photo posts and video posts.
6. Fill in the info for your post and choose your targeting options.
7. Click Create Post.
8. To publish your post, select it and click Publish Post.
9. When you’re done creating and editing ads, click Upload to upload your post and other changes to the ads system. You post should appear on your Page.
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that once you create your post, you can choose to publish it or to promote the post without publishing it. If you don’t publish your post, it won’t get any organic distribution on your Page or in News Feed. As mentioned in a recent article ( ) We HIGHLY recommend that you first publish your post, let it gain some organic traffic – THEN promote. To read more details of this technique – click here.
How do I create a post that’s scheduled to appear on my Page at a specific date and time?
Scheduling posts is the #1 best practice to saving time (and your sanity) when managing a Facebook page For too many reasons to discuss here. So let’s go over exactly how to create a post that’s scheduled to appear on your Page at a specific date and time:
1. Go to Power Editor and select Manage Pages from the top left drop-down menu.
2. Select the Page you want to manage from the left side column.
3. Select Create Post to create your post.
4. Choose the type of ad you want to run and enter the info you want to include in your post.
5. Click Submit. Keep in mind this post isn’t published yet. It’s saved in the list of your posts with a half-moon symbol to indicate that it’s not published.
6. Click your selected post so that it’s highlighted and then click Publish Post.
7. Under Publishing Options, choose Publish Now or Schedule a time to publish. Click Publish when you’ve made your selection.
The next article is this series will review Facebook page post metrics and promoting posts on Power Editor.
What’s next? TONS! The next blog post (How to Manage Facebook Pages via Power Editor); the next Facebook post; the Forum – Innovative Online Solutions & Blueprint Academy put out a weekly online talk radio show – The Forum where Melissa Holder (Google Certified Expert with 15+ years experience) and I, Anita Fiouris, share tools, tips and techniques for anyone to expand and grow online via eMarketing. Each program is directed to the tech novice.